Thanks to all who participated in our 2014 Symposium in Columbus!
This is the only national event of its kind where you can network with like-minded teachers, garden designers, community leaders, program coordinators, and others involved with connecting kids to the natural world.
This year's symposium gave attendees the opportunity to:
- Choose from over 50 engaging workshops and lectures by internationally known experts, on topics ranging from garden design to curriculum to program success factors.
- Explore the programs and gardens of our local host, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens at a private Welcome Dinner in the gardens.
- Gain insights from national and regional youth gardening experts during keynote presentations.
- See innovative models of programming and design at local school, community, and children’s gardens in Dayton and Columbus during optional pre-symposium trips.
- Discover Gahanna, “The Herb Capital of Ohio”, through a fun and educational session at the Ohio Herb Education Center during an optional post-symposium trip.
- Experience local cultural attractions such as the North Market in downtown Columbus, featuring more than 30 vendors of fresh and local food, flowers, baked goods, and more.
Watch highlights from this year's Symposium held July 17-19 in Columbus, Ohio with local host Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens