Reciprocal Admissions Program
A current membership card from the American Horticultural Society (join now) or a participating garden entitles you to special admission privileges and discounts at 300 gardens throughout North America and the Cayman Islands!
Find a Garden
With 300 participating gardens, it is easy to find one near you!
Program Information for Gardens
Find more information on your garden's participation in RAP, including program guidelines and how to renew.
Interested in joining RAP? Review program requirements and our new garden application here.
Order a Guide
You can order a single guide, or in bulk. The more guides you order the more money you save!
How to Enjoy the Reciprocal Admissions Program
- We recommend that you call all gardens ahead of time before you plan your visit. Some gardens have exclusions for special events or exhibits, or if you live within 90 miles of the garden*, etc. Each garden has its own unique admissions policies and hours of operation, which is also why we recommend checking ahead of time to get the most up to date information.
- Present your current membership card at the admissions counter or gift shop to receive the RAP benefit(s) listed for that garden. Each card will only admit the individual(s) whose name is listed on the card. In the case of a family, couple, or household membership card that does not list individual names, the garden must extend the benefit(s) to at least two of the members. In this case, it is at the garden's discretion to extend benefits to more than two individuals. Some gardens may require a photo ID.
- *The 90-mile Exclusion allows gardens to exclude members of other gardens within 90 miles of them from receiving their reciprocal benefit(s) unless the gardens mutually agree to lift the exclusion. For AHS members, the exclusion is based on their home address. Please contact the garden you belong to or the garden you plan to visit to inquire about this guideline.
- Remember that the gardens you visit rely on admissions and donations to maintain their collections and gardens for all to enjoy. Please support them by visiting their gift shops or making a contribution.
- Some gardens included in the RAP Directory have no benefits to reciprocate because they are already free to the public and do not have a membership base. These gardens help to preserve and maintain the Reciprocal Admissions Program through their contribution but they do not share a reciprocal relationship with any of the other gardens listed. Be sure to check each garden's listing to determine the benefits offered.