Our Garden Rules
- Bring children with you. They will especially enjoy our Children's Garden and the kid-sized picnic table there.
- Bring a picnic lunch (complete with alcoholic beverages, if you like).
- Spread a blanket on the lawn, or use our large picnic tables.
- Take photographs or do sketching for your own entertainment.
- Tell a staff member how we can make your experience at River Farm better.
- Visit our Garden Shop, open T-TH 11-2, for garden books and tools, children's gardening supplies, and crafts from local artists. AHS members receive a 10% discount.
- Bring balls or sporting equipment to River Farm. We are a botanic garden and plants can be damaged when balls go astray.
- Take commercial photographs without a permit from us.
- Create commercial paintings or drawings without a permit from us.
Bringing pets to River Farm
When visiting with your furry friends, please keep these guidelines in mind:
- Pets must be leashed and kept out of garden areas (we try to minimize damage to the plants).
- Pets may not be left unattended anywhere at River Farm.
- Always pick up after your pet.
- You are responsible and accountable for all of your pet's actions.
In the warmer months, you'll often find a bowl of fresh water outside the AHS Garden Shop. And there are lots of shady spots to stop and have a rest.